ACCORDING TO Islamic texts, waging jihad by fighting is only one way to do it. Another way is to influence the behavior and policies of non-believers. Here are some examples of concessions the West has made because of pressure from orthodox Muslims:
1. In Britain, Muslim women doctors and nurses do not have to follow the same stringent cleanliness procedures that everyone else has to follow — procedures put in place to prevent the spread of deadly diseases.
2. Shari'a law is now practiced in several places in Britain, legally.
3. A short video posted on YouTube that tried to get people to sign a petition to stop Shari'a law in Britain was removed from YouTube because Muslims complained.
4. In Hamtramck, Michigan, the City Council waved the noise ordinances in deference to the mosque there to allow them to broadcast an amplified call to prayer throughout the neighborhood.
5. Public pools in Canada now provide private swim times to Muslim women so they can avoid the 'shame' of being seen by men. As the co-founder of Human Rights Service in Oslo, Hege Storhaug, said after Muslims tried to pressure Norway into making alcohol off limits on certain days in restaurants and discos because they felt "uncomfortable" around people drinking, "All the time it's Muslims who come with special requirements," she says. "We never hear a peep from Catholics, Jews, Hindus etc."
6. After a Dutch newspaper published some cartoons depicting Mohammad — nothing more offensive than politicians suffer every day all over the free world — Muslims rioted all over Europe, killing 187 people. Afterward, many newspapers refused to reprint the cartoons out of fear. They were intimidated into silence by Muslims.
7. In a documentary called Undercover Mosque, mosques in London were found to promote violent jihad against non-Muslims, encourage murder and intolerance, and advocating the overthrow of the British government. A year and a half after the film aired, they did a follow-up documentary. Nothing had changed. The British government, out of political correctness, allows it to happen. Any other group would be stopped. But Islam gets special concessions.
8. In Britain, husbands with multiple wives have been given the go-ahead to claim extra welfare benefits following a year-long government review. Even though bigamy is a crime in Britain, the decision by ministers means that polygamous marriages can now be recognized formally by the state.
9. At Melbourne’s Monash University there are separate toilets for Muslims.
10. The Times of London reported that "Knorbert the piglet has been dropped as the mascot of Fortis Bank, after it decided to stop giving piggy banks to children for fear of offending Muslims." (Pigs are an offensive, unclean animal to Muslims.) Recently a local government council in Britain prohibited its workers from having knickknacks on their desks representing Winnie the Pooh’s sidekick Piglet.
11. Random House, after buying the rights to publish an historical novel about Mohammad, was warned by Muslims that violence might ensue with the publishing of the book, so they chose not to publish it. They were silenced by intimidation.
12. Orthodox Muslims use a classic technique of attempting to smear the reputations of people who are trying to educate non-Muslims about their goals and methods.
13. An American judge allowed Sharia law to override American law.
14. Orthodox Muslims are allowed to partly control media stories having to do with Islam.
15. Orthodox Muslims are allowed to partly control how Muslims are portrayed in movies.
16. The UK allows unfair treatment to women if they are Muslim.
Read more about how and why this is done: Gentle Jihad.
If you'd like to do something to reverse Islam's political encroachment, start here: What Can You Do About It? There is quite a bit you can do, right where you are.